Looking back at British Columbia
Looking ahead to Alberta
- I’m back on the Patch; the Oil Patch that is. I got my old job back working as a Secretary but in a different office. I enjoy it, and most of all it helps support my pirate lifestyle which of course, is important. I arrived back on site about a week ago. I would use that as an excuse for not updating my blog, but… you know it isn’t true and I won’t tell lies to salty dogs.
- I will take some photographs of camp despite it being ugly. I can’t complain though; my bed is comfortable, the bunkhouse is quiet at night, the water is nice and hot for showers and laundry. Peace and quiet; a good sleep; and plenty of hot water for all your soapy business = pretty damn fine.
- I won’t be back in civilized society until mid-August. Knowing my luck, mid-August will be scorching hot which means an all-too-uncomfortable drive to BC and then back to Alberta. I’d prefer to sit outside, drink bourbon sweet tea and watch prairie TV but honestly, spending the weekend driving through the Rockies isn’t so bad.
- If all my scheming and scuttling proves fruitful, I should have my car back on the road in a couple of weeks to take back to camp then finally homeward bound (temporarily) to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. I can’t wait. I will miss my family and The Dog, but I’m really looking forward to being home on the prairies.
- Payday is going to be a banner day. I will making the last payments on my credit cards and be free of them forever. I can’t fucking wait. I was never irresponsible with them; I just have really bad timing.
- You might think I’m bored up at camp but I’m really not. I have books to read, yarn to knit up, and audiobooks to listen to while doing so. Currently on my iPod are “Shop Class as Soulcraft”, “Dawn Light”, and “The Path”. Feed your soul; listen to good books and read great ones.